Quick action douses flames

Fire truckcrop

A kitchen grease fire broke out at an apartment in the 100 block of S. Las Vegas Trail on Saturday evening. Three engines responded from the White Settlement Volunteer Fire Department. The fire was put out before causing damage to other units in the building.
“Thanks to the 3-man staff of firefighters at the station, we were able to respond to the fire and keep damages minimal,” said Fire Chief Brian Thompson.
Heavy smoke fill the one unit and firefighters had to cut a whole in the ceiling to make sure no active flames were burning in the attic.

Advertisements