Missing girl safe after uncle killed in confrontation with police

Caitlyn-New-200x278 2

Updated Story: Caitlyn Williams has been found safe in Bossier City, Louisiana, according to the Benbrook Police Department.
The suspect in the case, Jessie Nicholas Williams, is dead after a struggle with authorities.
An FBI task force member was shot in the leg during the struggle, but he is expected to recover, a Benbrook police spokesman said.
An Amber Alert had been issued earlier for a  9-year-old girl missing in Benbrook after she was last seen Friday afternoon, police said. Police had issued an arrest warrant for the girl’s uncle in connection with her kidnapping.
Police said they were looking for Jessie Nicholas Williams, 24, of Arlington in connection with the kidnapping of his niece Caitlyn Elizabeth Williams, of Benbrook.
Police say they believed Jessie Williams took Caitlyn on Friday, and there had been two sightings of the pair in Fort Worth over the weekend. They were spotted at a hotel on Alta Mesa Boulevard at I-35 and at a hair salon on Bryant Irvin Road.
Police also believed Caitlyn’s appearance had been altered.
“She was described as having long wavy brown hair, and we had reason to believe that her hair may have been cut short to alter her appearance,” said Benbrook Police.
Police said they had recovered a rental car they believe the pair were in and the family hadn’t been able to reach Jessie Williams.
The FBI and Tarrant County Sheriff’s Office helped with the search.
Police said Caitlyn Elizabeth Williams is described as a white female, approximately four-feet, four-inches tall and 95 pounds with brown, wavy hair. She had been wearing a yellow T-shirt with a Benbrook Field Day logo, blue jeans and pink and black tennis shoes.
Police said they were also looking for Jessie Nicholas Williams, 24, of Arlington in connection with her abduction. He’s described as a white male, five-feet, 10-inches tall, 200 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes. He lives along South Bowen Street in Arlington.
Police said they were called Monday about 3 p.m. after Caitlyn’s parents said she left home Friday about 3:30 p.m. to spend the weekend with a nearby friend.
Caitlyn’s parents were expecting her to return home Sunday, and when she did not come home Monday, that’s when they contacted police.
“She was supposed to return Sunday, and when she didn’t, they decided to wait, because the weather was bad,” said police.
Police now say Caitlyn never arrived at the friend’s home.
Caitlyn was last seen riding a pink, purple and white bicycle in the neighborhood close to her home, in the 1100 block of Wade Hampton Street, police said.
Police originally said an Amber Alert had not been issues because there was not a specific suspect or vehicle that could be described, but early Tuesday morning an Amber Alert was issued for Caitlyn and her uncle.
As more information becomes available, it will be posted at http://www.grizzlydetail.com