What You Can do Before Severe Weather Strikes
- Develop a disaster plan for you and your family at home, work, school, and when outdoors.
- Identify a safe place to take shelter. Interior rooms with no windows are best.
- Have a Weather Radio with a warning alarm tone and battery back-up. Keep your cell phone charged.
- Listen to commercial radio or television/cable TV for weather information. Know what’s coming ahead of time.
- Check the weather forecast before leaving for extended periods outdoors. Watch for signs of approaching storms.
- If severe weather threatens, check on people who are elderly, very young, or physically or mentally disabled. Don’t forget about pets and animals.